Wednesday, August 06, 2008

I'm not lazy, just busy.



So. It's been an interesting summer.

For the first month or so I went to work for my dad. It was very...interesting. I did things like:

Wired a new shed on a chicken farm.
Slogged through crude oil all day in 100+ heat.
Walked on many roofs.
Climbed many ladders.
Ran conduit in a Food Pride grocery store.
Fixed a well.
Delivered more conduit about 250 miles from my home.
Pulled thick Metal-clad cable through a 200' attic space.
Installed a new outlet in a "cat lady's" house.

The list could go on for awhile. Instead of boring you with that...

The next three weeks of my summer were spent in Indianapolis, Indiana with my extended family. I have pictures!




This is my uncle Jeff. I stayed with him, my aunt Dawn, and their six kids. He's in "business mode" here.




My cousin Becca is thirteen. My cousin Amber is nine. Amber is the spitting image of me six years ago. It's kind of creepy. But I love these girls so much! :)


Come on. Who doesn't want to see the Hard Rock Cafe?


Here's a blurry picture of one of my paintings. I picked up painting about six months ago, maybe a little less. This is my uncle's guitar.


I enjoy this picture a lot. I'm riding in a convertible mustang here, taking a picture of the side-view mirror. Why does the sky in the mirror look bright and sunny, while around the car it looks pitch dark? Portal to another world, anyone?

Yesterday I just got home from my third and most exciting adventure of the summer. I went to the Great Plains Baha'i Summer School, then stayed in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area for two or three weeks. In that time, I completed three books in the Ruhi sequence, assisted in direct teaching in an IPG, saw a major-league baseball game, lived with two families, spent an evening with an awesome guy named Justin at a fair, and attended a weekend-long Animator Training intensive...It was crazy. It was amazing. Thank you Jen and Alicia and Laura and Joanne and...and...and everyone else!

I'll try not to be so infrequent about posting. Sorry. Have a nice year-start, everyone.

No comments: