Saturday, August 30, 2008

Delete

A/N: This is almost a poem, but not quite. It's almost a stream of consciousness, but not quite. I like it, so I thought I'd share. It came about when I was failing in a poetry attempt.

Delete

My fingers hover on the key
Itching to delete.
Destroy these words I've put here
Erase the things I've written.
No one cares or wants to know
So why bother to keep them?
Delete these words that make no difference
The things that make me sad.
Remove the things that make me angry;
I won't be jealous or lonely anymore.
With just one keystroke...
Wipe it all away.

But that would be too simple, right?
I'd never learn or grow.
Is this life of mine worth living
if I forget all that I am?
So I won't press that key.
I won't destroy these words.
I'll retrace my steps and shape them.
Work to mold them into something more.
I'll have to strive...

Wouldn't it be something,
If our world had that key?
With one simple little motion,
We could delete so many things.
We could forget about the anger...
And we could stop the wars
We could put a halt on violence
and love each other as we should.
What if, with just one keystroke,
We could wipe it all away?

But that would be too simple, right?
We'd never learn or grow.
We've only got one world, my friends.
We've only got one chance to do this right.
We've got a Kingdom to build here.
And we've got to work to make it happen.
We have to strive.

~

First Children's class this Wednesday! Wish me luck!

~God Bless
Cassandra

3 comments:

Leif Nabil said...

I'm loving it.

Anonymous said...

I'm her dad and she said I have to leave a comment

Kate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.