Monday, October 01, 2007

Interesting?

I'm in a World Geography class, which I really am enjoying.

Right now we're studying the Middle East. I have to write a report on it, 1 - 2 pages typed and double spaced (grr). And Mister Clark warned me not to write about the start of the Baha'i Faith if I wanted a good grade. BLEH! Now what am I supposed to write?

I think I'll write on Acre. Ancient prison cities are always fun to write about, don't you think? The only problem would be fitting it into two pages...Hm.

Anyway, that's not the topic of this post.

Today in my W.G. class we watched this video that was very cool. I'd have thought it to be a Baha'i film, aside from the fact that they didn't include the Faith.

This film focused on each o the major religions in turn. I think it included Buhddism, Hinduism, Zorastrian, Christianity (and its many demoninations, Islam, Judaism, and Sikhism.

What was so cool? They were talking about the similarities instead of the differences! Aggh it was great. The movie showed the quote from each of those Religions that stated...well, basically the golden rule. They also talked about how they all had such similar values and were monotheistic.

See? See!? They see it! It's not just the Baha'is. Maybe the world is starting on its path to a brighter future. Maybe not. But I have hope!

```

"Blessed is he who preferreth his brother before himself." ~ Baha'u'llah

"Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself." ~ Leviticus 19:18; Matthew 22:39; Mark 12:31; Luke 10:27; Romans 13:9; Galatians 5:14; James 2:8


"Hurt not others in ways that you yourself would find hurtful." ~ Udana-Varga 5:18

"Do not unto others what you would not have them do unto you." ~ Analects 15:23

"No one of you is a believer until he desires for his brother that which he desires for himself."
~ Sunnab

"All things are our relatives; what we do to everything, we do to ourselves. All is really One."
~ Black Elk

"Whatever is disagreeable to yourself do not do unto others." ~ Shayast-na-Shayast 13:2

(pulled off of...http://www.angelfire.com/tx6/desertwind/rule.html)

No comments: