Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Updates

The CONFIRMATIONS:

We're in our fifth children's class, and our Jr. Youth group has met 4 times - service project next week!!

People who have never seemed to get along with me are down-right amiable for now. It's a pretty cool feeling.

My P.E. teacher is amazing. For that matter, almost all of my teachers are amazing. Seriously.

The new Baha'i youth around here is really great - learning and growing, just like all of us :)

I have many things to do. I take this as a confirmation because it means I'm not idle. I'm busy. I have work to do. And "Work done in the spirit of worship is service."

The TESTS:

Family life is strained. But who's isn't, right?

A friend is suffering. I'm doing my best to help her where I can. Sometimes empathy kind of stinks.

I feel overloaded. Despite the fact that my busy-ness is certainly a confirmation, parts of it definitely fit into the 'tests' category.

I'm missing people. Lonely again. But that's no big deal.

Band is really challenging my will to play. Bass clarinet is not as much fun to march with as Bb clarinet or Alto sax. But I'm getting a very strong trapezius.

The OTHER:

I'm writing as much as I can, but not sharing, because I'm not satisfied with the quality of the work.

It's been almost 4 months exactly since the death of a good friend.

I enjoy random rhyming.

I sing a lot.

And now I leave you with children in a tree.

No comments: