Friday, September 12, 2008

Untitled

Inspired by a conversation with an awesome person named Anna.

~

This evening when I bow my head
I let the gentle winds take me away
and I fly to the only place
where I'm happy.

And as the breezes lift me up,
I feel my worries drifting off.
I let my hope become renewed
and I smile.

I don't know where this gust is taking me.
But I know there will be bliss soon.
So I bow my head this evening
and I trust.

This is my life, this wind I ride.
The only part that really counts.
I can feel myself soaring ever higher
because I love.

~

God Bless,
Cassandra

2 comments:

anna said...

you are an incredible young lady... seriously. every time i read this poem it makes me cry. i know i may not really know you very well, but still... i love you. *hug*

juicemilk said...

I really really love it.